Accepting Applications for the 19th Nakasone Yasuhiro Award
Nakasone Peace Institute presents awards to younger generations who have made achievements worthy of international recognition in various fields including politics, economics, culture, and science and technology to honor their efforts and encourage further new activities. We look forward to receiving as many applications as possible this year.
Candidates with demonstrated exemplary research or activity in the following fields:
- Enhancing peace and security in the international community.
- Promotion of international economic development and cooperation.
- Activities to support international exchange in culture and arts as well as cultural cooperation.
- International joint research and international collaboration in the fields of science and technology.
- Efforts to address global issues such as the environment, energy, medicine, and poverty.
Individuals who have made outstanding achievements in the above-mentioned fields and are under 45 years of age, in principle.
Award Recipients and Award Categories
In principle, one Award of Excellence and a small number of Incentive Awards will be presented. In principle, the above Awards will be granted to individuals, but, in some cases, groups will also be considered.
A plaque and a supplementary award of 1,000,000 yen for the Award of Excellence and 500,000 yen for the Incentive Award will be awarded to recipients.
Application Process (referral and self-nomination)
Please fill out the 19th Nakasone Yasuhiro Award application form and submit the following documents by e-mail, fax, or post.
Application form: https://forms.office.com/r/V5CBAH2X1n
- Details about the applicant’s activities (format not specified; Japanese (maximum of 5,000 characters) or English (maximum of 2,500 words).
- Relevant materials that contribute to the selection process (e.g., copies of papers, list of books).
- One letter of recommendation
Please note that application documents will not be returned.
To refer a candidate, please complete the above form with the candidate’s information and send it to the Secretariat. If you have any problems opening or completing the form, please contact the Secretariat by e-mail.
Address for Submission of Documents
Secretariat, Nakasone Peace Institute
6F, 30 Toranomon Mori Building
3-2-2 Toranomon Minato-ku, Tokyo 105-0001, Japan
+81-3-5404-6650 (from overseas)
Application Closing Date: April 30, 2023 (Japan Standard Time)
Award recipients will be announced in October 2023, and the Award Ceremony will be held in November 2023.
Please note that we are unable to respond to individual inquiries.